Mode of operation
The non-profit organisation is organised into several governing bodies:
- the General Assembly can approve the budgets and accounts and appoint the directors;
- the Board of Directors has the widest powers for the management and administration of the association and grants approvals after positive advice from the Technical Committee;
- the Technical Committee studies general technical problems not covered by professional secrecy;
- the College of Experts consists of independent persons with specific experience in the field of wood preservation and is in charge of the confidential examination of the homologation files;
- the Secretariat is responsible for the day-to-day management of the association.